Associate Professor (Special Appointment)
- Ph.D. (Education), Hiroshima University
*Please replace [a] with @ when sending e-mail.
Major Professional Backgrounds
- Assistant Professor, Research Center for Tertiary Education and Qualifications, Kyushu University (2014-2016)
- Part-time Lecturer, Fukuoka Prefectural University (2016)
- Part-time Lecturer, Seinan Gakuin University (2017)
- Lecturer, Admission Center, Oita University (2016-2018)
- Deputy Director & Associate Professor (Special Appointment), Office of Admissions, Hiroshima University (2018-)
Please refer to the following link for more research achievements. Noboru Miyoshi (hiroshima-u.ac.jp)
Research Areas and Themes
Currently, I am researching about international student’s mobility to Japanese universities and undergraduate student’s learning outcomes in COVID-19 pandemic. Firstly, despite the difficulty of international mobility due to the pandemic, why international students are still choosing Japanese universities as their destination? I am considering from both factors of the sending and receiving country. Secondly, do students have gained knowledge and skills through online education in Japanese universities? I am researching from the perspective of student learning habits and faculty’s teaching method.
Research Areas and Themes of the Students
Internationalization of higher education in Japan, International student’s mobility, admissions, Student’s quality assurance
Message to Prospective Students
Hiroshima university is a comprehensive research university and is one of the leading universities in the world, ranked about 300 in the QS World University Rankings. Our international education development program (IEDP) is English-taught graduate program. Currently, students from various countries/regions are enrolled and studying. Let’s enter Hiroshima university and study in IEDP!